The Audio-Technica AT4040 Cardioid Condenser Microphone is a big boss in the condenser mic game and features a large-diaphragm cardioid capacitor for a wide range of demanding applications. If you need to record voice or instruments with reduced ambient noise, then this is the mic for you.
The onboard integral 80 Hz hi-pass filter gives you supreme control to switch from flat frequency response to low end roll off, while the high-pass position eliminates sensitivity and popping from close vocal use. The Audio-Technica AT4040 also has high-class production and design, featuring a gold-plated element and nickel nickel-plated brass element baffle. Coupled, these give you pristine audio fidelity and an extremely low noise floor. The transformer-less circuitry design promises even less noise and clarity. While the shock-mount onboard is the AT8449 spring loaded model that takes away any interference caused by the shock and handling of use during performance. It even manages bumps to the mic stand. The bottom line is, when it comes to clear sound, the AT4040 has got your back.
A premium microphone for the discerning user.
- Extremely high fidelity, high-quality condenser microphone
- Cardioid polar pattern for off-axis rejection
- Transformer-less circuitry design for ultimate clarity
- Features a 20 to 20,000 Hz Frequency Response
- Onboard switchable 80 Hz Hi-Pass filter
- Premium design with gold plated and nickel plated components
- Includes custom spring shock-mount
- 10 dB Pad and 155 dB Max SPL with pad engaged
- Transducer: Condenser
- Polar Pattern: Cardioid
- Frequency Response: 20 Hz - 20 kHz
- Dynamic Range: 133 dB, (1 kHz at Maximum SPL)
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 82 dB, (1 kHz at 1 Pa)
- Maximum Input Sound Level: 145 dB SPL, (1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.)