Wharfedale Pro Titan AX15 Active Loudspeaker Product Description
Portable, lightweight and durable the Titan AX15 is one of our most versatile loudspeakers.
The all-new AX15 active loudspeaker now features our cutting edge 6-position DSP engine and all-new HF and LF drivers. No other competitive model features such powerful and effective DSP or such advanced transducers.
Rated at 840 watts peak and with 129dB Max SPL, it’s an ideal solution for small to medium sized venues.
We have also tweaked the laminar rib cabinet structure to improve structural strength for durability and acoustic performance. TITAN AX15 raises the bar for portable PA and is built to last.
IRIS X Driver Technologies
The coil size and electrical sensitivity of a loudspeaker transducer is critical to its performance. Titan AX loudspeakers now include our proprietary IRIS X design which delivers Increased coil Radius and Increased electrical Sensitivity. The radius of the coil ensures smooth heat dissipation during prolonged high volume use, while the increased electrical sensitivity ensures that the transducer converts as much electrical power into sound output as the laws of physics allow.
A hot transducer wastes energy, risks damage and distorts. IRIS X reduces this through improved heat dissipation and improved efficiency.
In real-world terms, IRIS X transducers deliver higher SPL with less distortion. They lead the market with specifications and are designed and built entirely within Wharfedale Pro.
Increased Radius Increased Sensitivity
The new DSP engine provides sophisticated internal loudspeaker management functions. These include limiting, compression, signal delay, dynamic boost, dynamic cut, crossover control and parametric EQ. Micro adjustments within each parameter ensure sonic clarity over the full frequency range.
We’ve optimised these DSP parameters to create 6 user-friendly settings including Monitor, Speech, Bass, Punch and an exclusive mode called “Live”. This Live mode applies different DSP settings to each of the 2 inputs – perfect for solo entertainers using a mic and a line level source.
Convenient Mixer Control
For convenience TITAN AX15 features a versatile two channel mixer on the rear panel. The first channel of this mixer allows users to toggle between microphone and line level inputs. A balanced XLR output provides an option to send the mix back to additional mixers, monitors or speakers.
The HF has been completely re-evaluated for both coverage and sound quality ensuring a much smoother sound, especially at high output. The all-new 15″ LF driver has improved moisture rejection characteristics which allows for installations into hostile environments.
The laminar rib cabinet structure has also been tweaked to improve structural strength for durability and acoustic performance.
A new proprietary 100° x 80° Hybrid Symmetry Horn has been designed to deliver improved coverage and smoother dispersion.
TITAN AX15 raises the bar for portable PA and is built to last.
AX15 is a bi-amplified loudspeaker. Wharfedale Pro engineers have painstakingly created two discrete power amplifiers which are perfectly matched for the HF and LF transducers.
Using Class D topology these amplifiers not only deliver the continuous power to please the crowd but they also handle the transients which ensures an impressive dynamic range.
On the bottom of the TITAN AX15 is a convenient built in pole mount socket that is used for easy mounting on a standard 35mm diameter speaker stand pole.
Cord wrap and cable anchor features are also moulded into the enclosure. M6/M8 threaded rigging points are provided for a variety of safe flying configurations with four of these inserts available, bottom-mounted, in an OmniMount® bracket footprint.
- 420 watts programme / 840 watts peak
- New IRIS X HF Drivers have been honed acoustically for high-frequency detail and power
- New 3″ voice coil LF Drivers reject moisture for resistance in all environments
- New Proprietary 100° x 80° Hybrid Symmetry Horn design
- New category leading DSP functions
- 129dB Max SPL
- Available in black or white
- New tweaked laminar rib structure
- Integral mixer functions
- Class D Bi-amplified
- Tough, yet lightweight Dynamic Polypropylene cabinet with rubber padded handles
- 10 x M8 rigging points and integral tripod stand adapter
- Rugged protective grille and top-stacking receptacles
- Trapezoid design for arrays as well as stage monitor applications
- Titan Tourbags available
Model Name TITAN AX15
- System Type Active 15″ 2-way Bi-amplified
- Frequency Response (+/-3dB) 50Hz-20kHz
- Frequency Range (-10dB) 40Hz-20kHz
- Calculated Max SPL @ 1m 129dB
Low Frequency Transducer
- Size (mm / inches) 381mm / 15″
- Coil Size (mm / inches) 75mm / 3.0″
High Frequency Transducer
- Type Compression Driver
- Coil size (mm / inches) 44mm / 1.75″
- Exit size (mm / inches) 25mm / 1″
- Diaphragm Material Titanium
- Nominal coverage (H * V) Hybrid Symmetry Horn 100° * 80°
- Power amp LF RMS/Peak Watts 350 / 700w (Class D)
- Power amp HF RMS/Peak Watts 70 / 140w (Class D)
- Controls – EQ Note – EQ changed by DSP knob
- DSP Advanced user selectable presets. 1:FLAT 2:MONITOR 3:SPEECH 4:BASS 5:PUNCH 6:LIVE
- Hi Pass switch 90Hz
- Amplifier Protection Yes
- Thermal Protection Yes
- Low line voltage shut down 60% Nominal line voltage
- Driver Protection Independant LF and HF limiters
- DC Protection Yes
- Short Protection Yes
- Clip Limiter Turns on ~250w output
- Limiter indicator Red LED
- Power indicator Green LED
- Input type Switchable balanced mic or line level (Chan 1)
- Input connector 2 * XLR & 2 * 1/4″ jack (Chan 1 Line/MIC)
- Line output
- Line output connector Switchable LOOP/MIX Balanced Female XLR
- Power Supply SMPS
- AC Power Options AC100-120V/220-240V~ 50/60Hz
- Power on indicator Rear LED
- Rigging / Bracket / Mounting Options 10 M8 threaded inserts including 4 M8 threaded inserts on bottom in OmniMount
- 30.0-type footprint
- 35mm receptacle with lock screw
- 2 carry handles (one on each side)
- Optional wall-mount bracket
- LED Horn lighting (On/Off switch) Yes
- Enclosure Material and finish Injection Moulded Polypropylene
- Colour options Black / White
- Grille Material & Finish 1.2mm steel
Dimensions & Weight
- Dimensions – Unpacked
- Height 728.5mm / 28.7″
- Width Front 480.6mm / 18.9″
- Width Rear 480.6mm / 18.9″
- Depth 395.6mm / 15.6″
- Dimensions – Packed
- Height 830mm / 32.7″
- Width Front 514mm / 20.2″
- Width Rear 514mm / 20.2″
- Depth 489mm / 19.3″
- Net Weight (kg / lbs) 22.94kg / 50.3lbs
- Gross Weight (kg / lbs) 27.7kg / 60.9lbs